WHO OR WHAT DO THE FEM DEMS ENDORSE?
The Fem Dems consider endorsements for:
- Democratic Candidates Running for Public Office
- Local, State, and Federal Legislation
- Issue & Advocacy Campaigns
- State Ballot Initiatives
- Events and Sponsorship Requests
HOW DO I SEEK THE FEM DEMS ENDORSEMENT?
Download, fill out and complete our candidate questionnaire along with your bio and any other relevant information and submit to Fem Dems Political Director, Valeria Hernandez (Valeria@femdems.org). Download of questionnaire available below.
We will review your submitted information and contact you for an endorsement interview and/or meeting with our general membership.)
All other endorsements:
Please send your request including the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Relevant information e.g. bill summary, fact sheets, event fliers, list of supporters, website, sponsorship levels, news articles, etc.
- Key dates e.g. events, sponsorship deadlines, printing deadlines, requests for letters of support, committee hearings, etc.
- Contact information including phone and email
- If you have a history of political activism on issues regarding women's rights/equity, please describe your most memorable/meaningful experience.
- What is your definition of feminism? How does your definition influence your decision making process?
- Do you support the Administration's decision to require employer's insurance plans to cover contraception with no co-pays, under health care reform? Do you believe an employer that is not a religious institution has the right to refuse to cover contraception or any medication or medical procedure for their employees based on their religious or personal beliefs? Why or why not?
- What differentiates you from your opponent(s)?
- How will you improve our community?
- Give us an example of how you would change an existing policy to benefit women.
- How did you hear about the Fem Dems? Have you been involved with the Fem Dems before?